How do I pair speakers?

pizzaburgergordon

Prominent
Dec 1, 2017
I know nothing about speakers setups. I just wanted to know the easiest/cheapest way to go about install 4 speakers in my room. I want 1 Bluetooth speaker in each corner (plugged into to wall or micro USB chargable). Just whenever I'm on YouTube on my phone or computer, I can tap on the airplay button and the audio will play from all 4 speakers and I can tap again to switch back to my phone/computer audio. I have one speaker I can do this with, I just want 3 more and I don't want to have to worry about synchronization between all of them. Do I need to get a google home or amazon Alexa to pair all the speakers up? I have around $50-$100 budget and don't care for top sound quality at all, just synchronization.

Solution
You can't pair cheap speakers like this, I know the UE models are pairable up to a pretty larger number, but those are 50-100 each.

Many wireless speakers have speakers facing in different directions, I think you can use two and be just fine. These BOOM 2 models are $100 each and will pair well. Or for a bit cheaper, this is $80 each https://www.amazon.com/UE-WONDERBOOM-Super-Portable-Waterproof-Bluetooth-Speaker/dp/B06XT3BS3Q/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1512409195&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=ue%2Broll%2B2&th=1

For even cheaper, there are some budget brands that can pair speakers like BRAVEN 705 but those only go up to two, which may be OK for you anyway. Having a speaker in each corner is not really useful, you are better...
You can't pair cheap speakers like this, I know the UE models are pairable up to a pretty larger number, but those are 50-100 each.

Many wireless speakers have speakers facing in different directions, I think you can use two and be just fine. These BOOM 2 models are $100 each and will pair well. Or for a bit cheaper, this is $80 each https://www.amazon.com/UE-WONDERBOOM-Super-Portable-Waterproof-Bluetooth-Speaker/dp/B06XT3BS3Q/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1512409195&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=ue%2Broll%2B2&th=1

For even cheaper, there are some budget brands that can pair speakers like BRAVEN 705 but those only go up to two, which may be OK for you anyway. Having a speaker in each corner is not really useful, you are better off with a pair of good quality speakers, or even one.

I just got the UE Megaboom for $150 (special edition model, they are normally $300 or close to that), and it fills a good size room. I'd pick one or two good speakers vs 4 worse ones.

Solution