How do I protect my phone from stagefreight.

cholmes792

Estimable
Jun 8, 2014
I have Verizon lg g3 running illusion rom on android lollipop 5.0.2 with root. I dont have access to my laptop I just sent it in to get it fix. So I have no way to back files up. Is there any way that I can protect my phone from stagefreight.

Solution
Adjust your MMS settings so your phone doesn't automatically accept all MMS messages. From the research I've done, it seems stagefright is sent by MMS message. If you adjust that setting you will be able to manually decide whether you want to accept an MMS message or not. That way whoever may want to attack you will be stopped since you'd be able to reject the download before it starts.

bluecheese1

Estimable
Apr 2, 2014
Adjust your MMS settings so your phone doesn't automatically accept all MMS messages. From the research I've done, it seems stagefright is sent by MMS message. If you adjust that setting you will be able to manually decide whether you want to accept an MMS message or not. That way whoever may want to attack you will be stopped since you'd be able to reject the download before it starts.

Solution