How do the fans in a gaming laptop perform?

Legolas8181

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013
In my current laptop whenever i am doing anything, no matter what it is I can always hear the fans going and I am looking at a replacement laptop that is designed for high-performance and power and on one review it said that underneath the fans are designed to try and keep it cool but do they? I am always at a desk BTW.

tavisc

Honorable
Sep 17, 2013
What exactly are you asking? You have a few different questions in there, but your post is so poorly worded that I'm not sure what you're asking.

Fans are pretty much always going to be on in a PC, no matter if its a desktop or a laptop. Anything you do is going to generate heat.

Legolas8181

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013

Am basically just asking if the fans in a gaming laptop actually keep the laptop cool when gaming. I have gotten used to noisy fans in a laptop so i don't even notice any more.

LummusMaximus

Honorable
It varies from model to model. For example, some models have budget fans and heatsinks that are small sizes, giving a tendency to overheat. If you're looking for something that runs cool, look at the ASUS G series, G750 in particular.

Yes, the fans always cool, without it your system would overheat and everything would be fried. However, there a just varying degrees of efficiency from model to model. Of you want something that stays cool, Intel's Bay Trail is designed to function without a fan... (I think).

TRENDING THREADS