Solved! How do you build a laptop

pdiffley

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2009
Is it possible to make a laptop from scratch or do you have to use a bare bones kit. I have made several desktops and would like to make a laptop for myself but can not find any cases and several other parts.

Solution
^Barebones only. It is pretty much impossible to find motherboards and GPUs for laptops that aren't actually used parts. Barebones will come with the chassis, screen, GPU and motherboard and you get to pick the rest. There aren't many companies that do this either and honestly you don't get nearly as many options as with a desktop and I don't think that you actually save that much money either.
^Barebones only. It is pretty much impossible to find motherboards and GPUs for laptops that aren't actually used parts. Barebones will come with the chassis, screen, GPU and motherboard and you get to pick the rest. There aren't many companies that do this either and honestly you don't get nearly as many options as with a desktop and I don't think that you actually save that much money either.

Solution