Solved! How do you reset an acer laptop

G

Hello,
I have an acer aspier one 10.1" and i have locked my self out of my laptop . I was wondring how do i restart my laptop so i can acsses important files?

Solution
You can't recall the password? If you're the only user on the laptop, you may try hitting 'Switch User' if you're on Windows 7, and that may log you in. If that works, reset your password to something you'll remember. If you know the password and you entered it incorrectly too many times (often the work of the CAPS LOCK key and stubbornness) it will just lock you out temporarily. Shut it down and wait a while and you should be able to try again. But if it isn't either of those two cases, please explain it to us more in depth.

imapc

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
You can't recall the password? If you're the only user on the laptop, you may try hitting 'Switch User' if you're on Windows 7, and that may log you in. If that works, reset your password to something you'll remember. If you know the password and you entered it incorrectly too many times (often the work of the CAPS LOCK key and stubbornness) it will just lock you out temporarily. Shut it down and wait a while and you should be able to try again. But if it isn't either of those two cases, please explain it to us more in depth.

Solution