How good is an AMD A10 9600p processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newraze

Estimable
Mar 2, 2014
I just got a new laptop with an amd a10 9600p but it runs like crap but has 6gigs of ddr 4 2133mhz memory and I want to use it for gaming should I upgrade the memory to 16gigs of ddr4 2400mhz memory which is the max speed and capacity of memory it supports?

Solution
Compared to current CPUs on the market it is pretty slow. (But nonetheless good for the 15W power envelope)

If honestly you want to do gaming, with modern games, you bought the wrong machine. Adding more RAM might help a bit, with some applications, but it is never going to be a great machine for gaming.

PassMark

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2004
Compared to current CPUs on the market it is pretty slow. (But nonetheless good for the 15W power envelope)

If honestly you want to do gaming, with modern games, you bought the wrong machine. Adding more RAM might help a bit, with some applications, but it is never going to be a great machine for gaming.

Solution

newraze

Estimable
Mar 2, 2014

Would it help with playing star wars the old Republic on high or ultra settings in 4k or in 1080p? I mean if I maxed out the memory.

Not even a little bit. That CPU does not support 2400mhz RAM anyway, and upping the RAM will not increase the speed of the CPU or the video chip. It's not going to run any faster that it does now.

Status
Not open for further replies.