how long would gameboy advance last with Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
I had a Gameboy Advance years ago so don't quote me, but I agree with online sources of about 8hrs or so. I would strongly advise on not getting one though since the screen is really hard to use. The lack of a backlight is infuriating and even in direct sunlight, you barely see much of the colors.

Unless you really want a GBA, either get a Gameboy SP or an original DS. I doubt either would be much more expensive but are heaps better to use with the backlight and re-chargeable batteries (with the bonus of charging from 5V so can use USB charging cables for them). I'm sure the extra cost would be worth it.

Karadjgne

Distinguished
Herald
There is no correct answer as the Gameboy will respond differently to different games. High action, high movement games will take more juice out of battery life than a slow game. Even ambient temps can have an affect, time used vrs time left in stand-by vrs time off.
What I do know is it was far cheaper to invest in some rechargeable batteries and my son kept them on rotation. Didn't get the same length of play per battery as the good Energizer or Duracell alkaline, but that was overshadowed by the fact he couldn't wear out the batteries before the other set were recharged.

audie-tron25

Estimable
Mar 23, 2015
I had a Gameboy Advance years ago so don't quote me, but I agree with online sources of about 8hrs or so. I would strongly advise on not getting one though since the screen is really hard to use. The lack of a backlight is infuriating and even in direct sunlight, you barely see much of the colors.

Unless you really want a GBA, either get a Gameboy SP or an original DS. I doubt either would be much more expensive but are heaps better to use with the backlight and re-chargeable batteries (with the bonus of charging from 5V so can use USB charging cables for them). I'm sure the extra cost would be worth it.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.