How many compute cores is average?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodan1337

Prominent
May 23, 2017
My laptop has 10 compute cores 4cpu and 6gpu, and I would like someone to expain what they do and if thats a good amount, thanks.

Solution
my a10 7300 has a r6 igpu and a r7 dedicated one. the 8xxx series is a bit better performance wise but still heats up a lot and lags behind intel. but the 9xxx series r better and u can say that the performance is better than intel u series mobile cpu. but they still lag behind their HQ series performance cpu.

Lucky_SLS

Commendable
Dec 16, 2016
while more cores is better, it has to be utilized fully to harness that power. tasks like video rendering and 7 zip compression can use all ur cores. but games now mostly use only 2 cores. dx12 and vulkan with new game engines can change that.
so if gaming is ur primary task, that amd a series apu has lower compute power per core than intel's i5 and i7. they also overheat and hold back the otherwise very good gpu. my old laptop is a a10 7300 with r7 graphics. amazing graphics with subpar cpu.

k1114

Distinguished
Compute cores is a marketing gimmick. Those gpu "cores" are not cores and does nothing that any other gpu already does. It's a quad core with a weak igpu like the rest of igpus. A quad core is average but you have less performance than a modern dual core so more isn't more performance.

Rodan1337

Prominent
May 23, 2017

so if I have AMD A10-8700P, and Radeon R6 graphics, what is the difference between your A10-7300 and r7 graphics, and mine?

Lucky_SLS

Commendable
Dec 16, 2016
my a10 7300 has a r6 igpu and a r7 dedicated one. the 8xxx series is a bit better performance wise but still heats up a lot and lags behind intel. but the 9xxx series r better and u can say that the performance is better than intel u series mobile cpu. but they still lag behind their HQ series performance cpu.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.