How much time can i leave my laptop on

JADOLLA

Estimable
Jul 21, 2014
Hey everyone,
I just received my alienware 17 2 days ago and i kept it on for 2 consecutive days and nights (played all day and downloaded steam games all night). Just wana know if its okay cz i might do that several times

drapacioli

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
It shouldn't harm it as long as it doesn't overheat or as long as there's no stability issues. I personally wouldn't do it but there are people who leave their PC's on 24/7 and they still last for years. Just make sure you don't block the intake our exhaust vents, and don't close the laptop lid. At the very least let it restart every 24 hours in case there are windows updates or some instability in any applications. Also don't leave it on a soft surface that might hinder the air flow.

There are some computers that are simply left on all the time with only restarts, like office PCs and home servers. I have a home server made out of bay trail laptop components and it never shuts off unless there's a power failure. The only reason I recommend caution with the laptop is because it's a gaming machine and they are usually the first to overheat if air flow problems arise.

JADOLLA

Estimable
Jul 21, 2014

Okay thx and i gorgot to mention that im using a cooling pad