How Online Services Can Help Preserve Your Anonymity

Status
Not open for further replies.

wopr11

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2011
Once again - given recent revelations of extensive, indiscriminate and intrusive cyberespionage over all digital communications using software and hardware crack-ins - there is no "recipe"to give any user any degree of "anonymity" until the 4th amendment is respected and enforced by governmental institutions and a reasonable degree of privacy online is feasible. A complete inspection of hardware, software, encryption protocols, etc is in order before and decent implementation of privacy measures can be considered. Perhaps we would need to throw away all the internet enabled devices we have purchased over the last 20 years as well as all the windows, apple and android machines and start over with an open source, clean operating system. Hardware companies would need to follow some sort of ethics code and keep their devices clean as well, not selling consumers hardware that has been tampered with to allow for cyberespionage and other unethical activities by third parties.

waxdart

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
Here are all the trackers on this page alone! Get blocking Toms people!

AT Internet
Analytics
Bizo
Beacons
Cedexis Radar
Analytics
Cross Pixel Media
Beacons
DoubleClick
Advertising
eXelate
Beacons
Gigya Socialize
Widgets
Google Adsense
Advertising
Google Analytics
Analytics
Google Tag Manager
Widgets
Kontera ContentLink
Advertising
NetRatings SiteCensus
Analytics
Outbrain
Widgets
Quantcast
Advertising
ScoreCard Research Beacon
Beacons
VigLink
Advertising

Chrisp114

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
If you're looking for anonymity in terms of social networking, then you should check out Ravetree. Unlike facebook and google+, on Ravetree I'm allowed to make anonymous posts, comments, and even write anonymous reviews. I've already started to get some of my friends using that site. It's actually better than facebook overall (at least that's my opinion).

Status
Not open for further replies.