How Spritz and Galaxy Gear 2 Get You Reading at 1000 WPM

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwinches

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
I like to see a tech article at 500+ to see if the same results can be attained.
The sample was really no challenge, but still intriguing.
Much better than reading a crawl.
A nice innovation.

squirrelboy

Honorable
May 3, 2013
This looks like it would be amazing for people with dyslexia. And people without dyslexia.I am really looking forward to seeing implementations of this, being able to feed e-books through it or something like that would save massive amounts of time.

jankeke

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
Also for visually impaired people who have trouble following a text line. Like people with tunnel vision (like myself). Very interresting stuff.

koolkei

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013
i know it's kinda offensive. but for normal people with no need for this, but i just get the idea in my head"wow so we don't need to think to read anymore because my watch did it for me"

Superwack

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
I'm a very smart guy, but I read terribly slow. I love this idea. I love to read, but I hate how long it takes me to read long books. I think this would really help. I hope it becomes available everywhere soon!

Gojuro1949

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
Something like the speed reading system I was trained with in fifth grade (gifted program, how pretentious heh heh) about 55 years ago. Used a projector and a masking system to emphasize single words and phrases. I easily hit the 500 mark in the demo, so I guess the training still holds even in my decrepit old brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.