How Steve Ballmer Impacted the Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.

badaxe2

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
Microsoft's original Xbox was the high point of their console business. It's been downhill from there, because of greed and taking advantage of consumers (and developers) at every chance they could to serve their bottom line.

Hopefully that will change with new leadership.

badaxe2

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
Another point is how ironically different their console business is from their PC business. Like night and day. Their PC software gives its userbase so much freedom, and Xbox is all about restrictions.

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
Well, if we consider that Ballmer put someone with no gaming bussines expirience as head of the Xbox one, its quite clear to me that Ballmer leaving is great news.
I wonder however if its too late for Microsoft to solve their problems regarding the xbox.
Im a PC user so It dosent really affect me, but im sure Microsoft can loose a lot of marketshare to other platforms due to this.

Eisbrecher34

Honorable
Feb 14, 2012
Hopefully they learn their lesson when the PS4 destroys the XBOX1 in the next-gen market. I felt bad for Sony because the PS3 was and still is far superior in terms of hardware and potential than the XBOX360 is. Their problem was that the PS3 was too far ahead of its time and developers didn't want to waste the time trying to make something that wasn't a triple A game for it. On top of that Sony didn't help themselves by always seeming to feign innocence or try to truly relate to the consumer for their missteps. I'm seeing the opposite happen here though. Sony is in tune with what the consumer wants, and with the next-gen consoles going for the PC-like hardware treatment it should be a lot easier to deliver the goods that consumers want. Microsoft could have capitalized on the success of the 360, but it seems that Ballmer doesn't realize that video games aren't just for the geeks like it was back in the day. Maybe they will get it figured out, but at this point I think it's too little too late...

Eisbrecher34

Honorable
Feb 14, 2012
Hopefully they learn their lesson when the PS4 destroys the XBOX1 in the next-gen market. I felt bad for Sony because the PS3 was and still is far superior in terms of hardware and potential than the XBOX360 is. Their problem was that the PS3 was too far ahead of its time and developers didn't want to waste the time trying to make something that wasn't a triple A game for it. On top of that Sony didn't help themselves by always seeming to feign innocence or try to truly relate to the consumer for their missteps. I'm seeing the opposite happen here though. Sony is in tune with what the consumer wants, and with the next-gen consoles going for the PC-like hardware treatment it should be a lot easier to deliver the goods that consumers want. Microsoft could have capitalized on the success of the 360, but it seems that Ballmer doesn't realize that video games aren't just for the geeks like it was back in the day. Maybe they will get it figured out, but at this point I think it's too little too late...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS