How the Latest iPhone Leak Landed Online

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKurrgan

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]You Apple/Iphone haters make me lol. So abusive towards something you know nothing about other than what other negative people and articles say about it. Go crawl back under your Verizon or T mobile rocks I say move along. Obviously your so retarded and f'ed up you cant stop from coming to Apple news stories and talk shi . Morons, get a life and a real phone or stop whining like little punks.[/citation]
I havent read anything in here that is particularly bashing or hating on apple. Merely stating opinions making fun of Jobs being the worst of them. Most of the statements have merit and with none of us being in the know could easily be arrived at. You, on the other hand have flown plenty of insults out. Your comment airs what you clearly feel is your own superiority to others, and a blind following ==without objective opinion of technology== to a brand.
As the old saying goes, those who live in glass houses aught'nt throw rocks, allow me to cast one back to you.
As a moron, who owns a phone (HTC Hero) and "real" phone (iPhone) I can tell you that my non-real phone does in fact accomplish every business need / communication need i require, and does it rather well. Beyond that, with my non-real phone I can run several apps at one time, including my much loved pandora while checking email and all that what not. The only difference I can plainly see between the two is the appearance -- something which seemingly only a moron understands is a matter of opinion as to ones superiority over the other. That said, the non-real phone has a battery which can be replaced with a higher capacity battery, thus lasting longer than my "real" phone, as well as saving me from buying an entire new one after about 8 months and my battery is not what it used to be. My "non-real" phone also can run applications I write, or others, without a (matter of opinion here, if you can comprehend) nazi dictator ship determining what it can and cannot run. All that said, I happen to like my iPhone very much, but I am not blinded by the fact that it has an Apple logo on the back to the point I dont acknowledge other products can infact not only compare to, but beat it -- All being relative to a matter of opinion. And as to the carrier comment, Verizon is a VERY prominent carrier that has very real advantages currently over AT&T's network in many locations. T-Mobile is also viable, but not to the same extent as Verizon. You may LOVE AT&T because of that non-overburdened tower less than a half mile away, but you would be fortunate to have that luxury - and not everyone may have that.
All this written on a Macbook Pro, BTW.

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
" With that said, it may be that someone on the inside is getting big bucks for sneaking out the devices."

And that person's name is? Jobs? Steve Jobs???

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]pr0m3th3us[/nom]Can apple really do anything about this since it's in vietnam?[/citation]

Yes! They can send the US Navy and restart the Vietnam war. :)

Just imagine: Mobile Phone Wars

Historical text:

The First Mobile Phone War

2010 Apple's iNavy armed with iCarriers carrying iBombers attack Vietnam over a stolen iPhone
2011 Apple's iMarines storm Taiwan to destroy the enemy base - HTC HQ.
2012 Apple's iSpaceships attack China...
December 2012 Apple's iNuke destroys the Earth - the End of the Earth according to Maya calendar conspiracy fans happens.

iGood iLuck, iPeople! iEnjoy iYour iLife, iWhile iYour iStill iAlive!

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]You Apple/Iphone haters make me lol. So abusive towards something you know nothing about other than what other negative people and articles say about it. Go crawl back under your Verizon or T mobile rocks I say move along. Obviously your so retarded and f'ed up you cant stop from coming to Apple news stories and talk shi . Morons, get a life and a real phone or stop whining like little punks.[/citation]

I have a real phone. It's called the HTC Desire.

Funnily enough, it is better than the iPhone. People refuse to accept it, but HTC and Google have pretty much superceeded Apple, but people refuse to admit it in fear of being wrong.

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006

Do you ever say anything constructive on these forums? Either you're bashing on people who don't worship the iPhone or you're ranting about President Obama being such a big bad nasty man who is stealing your soul.

Can you ever post on topic, or with a tone that isn't dripping with pure hatred of anyone who doesn't think exactly like you?

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]worl[/nom]Many bothans died to get us this information[/citation]
Funniest post ever! I got people looking up from their cubicals I was laughing so hard...

On one note I agree that it could be publicitiy. However not being a fan of apple products (I work with them everyday in IT) I could care less.

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]worl[/nom]Many bothans died to get us this information[/citation]
Excellent, +1 good sir.

[citation][nom]PT88[/nom]I reckon this is a new viral marketing ploy by Apple, and it appears to be working[/citation]
I've been suspecting this for quite some time now. Every time this accidentally (supposedly) happens, apple gets a ton of free advertising.

Status
Not open for further replies.