Question How to boost boot time? HELP

Jan 27, 2020
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and would really appreciate your help.

I have an Asus K73T laptop that I've bought around 2011 and since the purchase I have been experiencing some difficulties. I was younger back then and didn't care much about it, but now it is really driving me crazy.

It was always kind of slow, bearable but still it was really unusual. After some time, I installed Windows 10 Education for school purposes and that is where the boot time problem began. It boots up relatively fast up until the Windows logo and the circling dots. At that point, it is about 2 minutes of spinning and then a black screen that lasts for around 2-3 minutes and then the Windows main screen shows. I looked everywhere for an answer but nothing helped.

It is an Asus K73T:
CPU - AMD A6-3400M 1.4Ghz
RAM - 8GB ( it originally had 4 but I added another 4 )
GPU - ATI Radeon HD 6720G2 1GB ( it is a dual graphics which I still fail to understand how it works )
HDD - 500GB

I would really appreciate any help that you can give me, I really don't know what to do anymore.

Jan 27, 2020
I actually have. Do you maybe have any advice on which one to buy? I've looked online and have seen a Crucial MX500 with 500GB of memory, is it any good?