Solved! How to build a personal laptop

Nozumitsu

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011
Hello,
I am in the market for building my own personal gaming/multi-purpose Laptop the laptop will definitely be geared towards gaming etc. so im looking for a nice balance between performance, battery life and portability. I have built my own desktop before but that was a long while ago so i have no idea what to look for especially regarding laptop parts
1. What is your budget? 1500 dollars

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? i'm looking for anything from 15" to 17"

3. What screen resolution do you want? 1440 x 900 to 1680 x 1050
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?desktop replacement is the main use for the laptop however portability would be appreciated

5. How much battery life do you need? 6 hours is preferable but due to the size i doubt that is possible so 4-5 is perfectly fine

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? games like Starcraft 2, Diablo 3 all on the highest settings

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)some music editing music storage other then that nothing particularly different then the average laptop

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 500 gb is sufficient

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. I have none but any sites you guys recommend would be greatly appreciated

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? as long as possible a few years or longer

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?a DVD ROM/Writer is fine for viewing and making dvds/cds and viewing them

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. there are no particular brands im prejudiced against but the best are the ones im looking for

13. What country do you live in? United States

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

Solution
Hello and welcome to the forums :)
Gaming laptops(within your price range)will give you maximum 3hrs of battery life(such as ASUS G53,Sager NP8150 etc)