How to Close Apps on the iPhone X

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiumeister

Prominent
Oct 2, 2017
You have to after swiping up, remove your finger from the screen before pressing for 1/2 second to get the remove apps prompt(s).
Is this the case with you or is my iPhone X not working properly?

Mark Spoonauer

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2014
Yes, that's accurate. Thanks for the question.

mrmeaniepants

Prominent
Dec 1, 2017
OMG, there are literally hundreds of tech articles stating that you do not need to, and should not, "close apps" because they are not running at all. It is cached data like your web browser history. Do you really wipe your web browsing history every time you surf the web? Please learn how your phone works before you write articles about it. I've only been writing apps since 2009, so you can dislike my comments all you like but the function was changed to stop people from creating battery drain by FORCE RESETTING apps all the time. They stay there to preserve time and therefore battery. leave them there unless you experience a malfunction; then force reset the app. They do not run in the background!!!

fritzsche.michael

Prominent
Dec 7, 2017
Navigation or other apps using gps in the background needs to be closed, so MRMEANIEPANTS comment is not true for those apps!

I really want the swipe up to close on the X. It is ridiculous to have to long tap for a 2nd time just to be able to really close an app. On any other iPhone you can close an app in a fraction of a second, but on the X it is a terrible slow process.

May 9, 2018
This interface is so terrible. Multiple touches to get basic functionality. Absolute trash. Aside from the abysmal new UI, the scale of the phone is just too big - Apps in the top corners cannot be reached if holding and using the phone with one-hand.

So the new phone forces you to have additional touches, which wastes time and flow, and forces you to use two hands to reach apps in the corner.

Awful. Absolutely Awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.