Solved! How to Connect a Bluetooth Keyboard to a Samsung NU Smart TV

Jun 25, 2021
I purchased a NU6900 Samsung smart TV last year. Found out it doesn't have Bluetooth built-in, it does have a USB port and does support a USB keyboard. I what to connect a Bluetooth keyboard via a USB adapter.
I did purchase a Logitech k380 keyboard and tried to connect it to a standard Bluetooth adapter on the TV, didn't work. Then I tried a TX/RX Bluetooth adapter, that didn't work either. A call to Logitech comfirmed the keyboard wouldn't work with a TV.

So I recommendations on what keyboard and adapter will work on this TV.

Thanks for any help!

Solution
I purchased a NU6900 Samsung smart TV last year. Found out it doesn't have Bluetooth built-in, it does have a USB port and does support a USB keyboard. I what to connect a Bluetooth keyboard via a USB adapter.
I did purchase a Logitech k380 keyboard and tried to connect it to a standard Bluetooth adapter on the TV, didn't work. Then I tried a TX/RX Bluetooth adapter, that didn't work either. A call to Logitech comfirmed the keyboard wouldn't work with a TV.

Thanks for any help!

Many bluetooth USB dongles would need drivers installed on the computer they are connected to, since the TV won't work with computer drivers, that dongle you are trying will not...
Jun 25, 2021
Hey Wes, Samsung has a secret menu that has the ability to show your BT connection
try this out
  • Step 1: While your TV set is turned off, press the following on your remote control quickly and in this sequence – MUTE button, 1, 8, 2, and then the POWER button.
  • Step 2: When the SECRET MENU appears, use your ARROWS, SELECT, and RETURN buttons to navigate.
  • Step 3: While in the SECRET MENU Select OPTIONS
  • STEP 4: Select ENGINEERING OPTION
  • Step 5: Select BT AUDIO ON OFF and make sure it says ON.
  • Step 6: Use the RETURN button on your remote to go back a level on the SECRET MENU and select MRT OPTION.
  • Step 7: Select BT SUPPORT and make sure it says ON
Now TURN OFF of your TV and turn it ON again, give it a minute, select MENU on your remote control, then SOUND, then SPEAKER SETTINGS, and now you will see the BLUETOOTH Option. It may be a weak card or none at all in that case I suggest MEE Audio Connect for your BT connection. Good Luck

from https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/bluetooth-setting-disappeared/td-p/944015

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 25, 2021
Hey Wes, Samsung has a secret menu that has the ability to show your BT connection
try this out
  • Step 1: While your TV set is turned off, press the following on your remote control quickly and in this sequence – MUTE button, 1, 8, 2, and then the POWER button.
  • Step 2: When the SECRET MENU appears, use your ARROWS, SELECT, and RETURN buttons to navigate.
  • Step 3: While in the SECRET MENU Select OPTIONS
  • STEP 4: Select ENGINEERING OPTION
  • Step 5: Select BT AUDIO ON OFF and make sure it says ON.
  • Step 6: Use the RETURN button on your remote to go back a level on the SECRET MENU and select MRT OPTION.
  • Step 7: Select BT SUPPORT and make sure it says ON
Now TURN OFF of your TV and turn it ON again, give it a minute, select MENU on your remote control, then SOUND, then SPEAKER SETTINGS, and now you will see the BLUETOOTH Option. It may be a weak card or none at all in that case I suggest MEE Audio Connect for your BT connection. Good Luck

from https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/bluetooth-setting-disappeared/td-p/944015
You seem to be focusing on audio. Will this apply to keyboards as well?

Jun 10, 2021
  1. Put the keyboard or mouse into bluetooth pairing mode and make sure it is discoverable. See the product's user manual for how to do this, if needed.
  2. Navigate to the Bluetooth device list on your TV and select the keyboard or mouse to pair with. The process is slightly different depending on what model of TV you have.
    • 2019 and 2018 Smart TVs (N and R models): Settings > General > External Device Manager > Input Device Manager > Bluetooth Device List
    • 2017 Smart TVs (M models) - Keyboard: Settings > General > External Device Manager > Keyboard Manager > Add Bluetooth Keyboard
    • 2016 Smart TVs (K models) - Keyboard: Settings > System > Input Device Manager > Add Bluetooth Keyboard & Gamepad
    • 2015 and 2014 Smart TVs (J and H models) - Keyboard: MENU > System > Device Manager > Keyboard Settings > Add Bluetooth Keyboard
    • 2015 and 2014 Smart TVs (J and H models) - Mouse: MENU > System > Device Manager > Mouse Settings > Add Bluetooth Mouse

3. For Smart TVs manufactured in 2016 and earlier, a code will be displayed on the TV screen when pairing a keyboard. Enter the code on the Bluetooth keyboard to complete the pairing.

Thanks for any help!

Many bluetooth USB dongles would need drivers installed on the computer they are connected to, since the TV won't work with computer drivers, that dongle you are trying will not work. Get a keyboard that has it's own USB connection for wireless or setup the bluetooth directly using the TV built in bluetooth hardware.

You really should get a keyboard with a touch pad in it, makes navigation easier. This I think is compatible with your TV https://www.logitech.com/en-us/products/keyboards/k600-smart-tv-d-pad.920-008822.html?crid=27

This is cheap, we use it at work https://www.logitech.com/en-us/prod...lus-touchpad-keyboard.920-007119.html?crid=27

I have this at my house on my TV https://www.logitech.com/en-us/prod...luminated-tv-wireless.920-007182.html?crid=27

I also have this Rii keyboard and like it a lot https://www.amazon.com/Rii-Wireless...ocphy=9001834&hvtargid=pla-406645420055&psc=1

Solution