How to connect a phone to amp

micksparks75

Prominent
Feb 23, 2017
Hello.
Any ideas how I connect a phone to an amp via a 2 in 1 cable from the phones head phone Jack. To the amp. What should I have the amp setting on? Audio. Cinema. Etc etc

You can easily connect virtually any phone to an amp, provided that you use a 3.5mm jack to phono cable. Simply plug the jack into your phone, and the other end (the red and white plugs) into your amp of choice. Make sure the volume of the phone is up at about 3/4 to begin with, and as ever, the amp at zero, and gently increase. If you get a call, that too will come through the amp and your speakers/headphones, but you will need to speak into the phone for the caller to hear you! And be careful of feedback!
The sound settings on your amp depend on your choice of sound. You will probably only get s stereo sound from your phone, but an A/V receiver should convert that to 'virtual surround'
Kenton.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from micksparks75 : "Amp has stopped wirking with phone."

micksparks75

Prominent
Feb 23, 2017

micksparks75

Prominent
Feb 23, 2017
Hi Kenton. Thanks for that. I did have it working at first. But I had to re-route the cable. When I did that. It wouldn't work. I pressed all the buttons to see if I'd had it on a different input setting. But it still wouldn't work. The amp lights up and the speakers are ok. I'm just wondering if I've blown an internal fuse. I don't have the model number to hand. Any ideas? The amount of speakers won't matter, I imagine? The amp handled them all when I had it running off the stereo.