How to connect a , red, blue, green cables to a yellow, white , red

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Your TV probably has a shared component and composite video input. You may be able to change the input in the TV menu.
Just for future reference, component video is not the same as RGB or VGA, which has a complete red, green, and blue picture. It has a complete black/ white picture with just color info on the other two. That's why you get black/white when you connect the composite to it.

The color coding is misleading.
That's because they are different standard. R,B,G is component video and splits the video into 3 separate signals for each color. The yellow wire has the entire signal in it and called composite. You need a converter for this type of thing.

Your TV probably has a shared component and composite video input. You may be able to change the input in the TV menu.
Just for future reference, component video is not the same as RGB or VGA, which has a complete red, green, and blue picture. It has a complete black/ white picture with just color info on the other two. That's why you get black/white when you connect the composite to it.

The color coding is misleading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution

Jeff_144

Prominent
Apr 26, 2017
Yeah I had the same problem, still do actually. I decided on buying a PS2 again after so many years and wanted a nice picture. Found my TV only has the yellow red and white inputs after I just bought the blue green wire.

So what would you think the best way to have a non bw picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.