How to connect lenovo E420 laptop to tv

Roshini

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2011
Hi,

Can you please help me how to connect my laptop to floor model Projector TV which contains HDMI input . I tried with the help of HDMI cable but we are unable to connect .Do we need to install any kind of software .

Please advice us else if you need any screenshot or re-pro steps I am trying then I can provide you.

EmailID: roshini.chavali@gmail.com
Thanks & Regards,
Roshini

Device Unknown

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Fist I would plug the laptop HDMI into any other HDMI interface, like a TV or another monitor just to ensure it worked.
If it works then plug it back into the Projector and follow troubleshooting tips.
if you want more trouble shooting tips you need to be a little less vague about "unable to connect"
Let us know what you have done to try to remedy it so far and exactly what it is NOT doing.

Chainzsaw

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2002
You have to select output to your HDMI device. Some laptops don't do it automatically.

Also what is the max resolution of that projector? If it's a "cheap" one, you may "only" get 720P resolution.

Once connected via HDMI, try pressing the Fn button + one of the F buttons (usually on the laptop it will show 2 screens, for switching between your laptop screen and the external one.

Roshini

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2011

HI,

Thankyou so much for your advice.

Steps I have followed :

1>I connected my device to the tv with the help of hdmi cable and could see that it is connected as audio disappears but the tv screen is blank

is there any personal settings I need to change or can you suggest me to follow some troubleshooting steps so that i can follow and let you know.
Would please appreciate your help.

Thanks & Regards,
Roshini

Roshini

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2011
HI Chainzsaw,

Thanks for your quick response.

We are trying to connect to 60 inch floor model projector TV from Lenovo E420 Laptop and as soon as i connect it through HDMI card I get blank screen on my tv and could see that it is connecting as sound disappears from the laptop but cannot see in our tv please suggest.

And please let me know if any further information needed.

Thanks & Regards,
Roshini