Question How to connect soundbar SAMSUNG HW-R550 with PC?

safriko

Commendable
Aug 29, 2019
Hello, guys. I need some advice.

I have a new PC setup on the way and I need to figure out how to plug my SAMSUNG HW-R550 soundbar into it. The motherboard is ASUS ROG STRIX B560-A GAMING WIFI.

Now I have the soundbar connected via optical cable, but with this motherboard it is not possible. How can I get the soundbar to work? I attached screenshots of the ports of both devices. Thank you.

Classic HDMI 1.2 (1.2 is supported by soundbar) plugged into the PC HDMI slot (1.4) trought 1.2 male to male HDMI cable will work? I'm confused about lower port on the image, HDMI ARC. Do they have to be connected in parallel?

TiPHEqH.png

0EM2atc.jpg

safriko

Commendable
Aug 29, 2019
yup 3.5 jack.

or the hdmi from the gpu. they can output audio, might have to tell windows to output from that.
Thank you. I will try both AUX and HDMI IN and try what sounds better (if there is a difference at all).

I just want to ask one thing, if I understand it correctly - If I plug one HDMI connector to PC and one HDMI connector to HDMI IN on soundbar, soundbar will work and I can manage it trought soundbar's remote control. And if I put another HDMI cable to HDMI ARC on soundbar and second one to HDMI ARC on TV for example (if I use it as monitor) than I can manage both soundbar and TV sound by one remote control. Is that right? I just want to understand that why is thare HDMI ARC port (preferably for TV?)

rgd1101

Don't
I just want to ask one thing, if I understand it correctly - If I plug one HDMI connector to PC and one HDMI connector to HDMI IN on soundbar, soundbar will work and I can manage it trought soundbar's remote control. And if I put another HDMI cable to HDMI ARC on soundbar and second one to HDMI ARC on TV for example (if I use it as monitor) than I can manage both soundbar and TV sound by one remote control. Is that right? I just want to understand that why is thare HDMI ARC port (preferably for TV?)
that I have no idea. might be there something in the manual would help. but I guess is possible