How to connect surround sound to Karaoke system.

mikepgh

Prominent
Nov 16, 2017
I have a Sony STRDN-1030 receiver. I use this for my surround sound with 5 speakers and sub. My TV, blue ray and cable box all plug into the receiver. I have chrome cast plugged into video 1 hdmi on this receiver. I use the chromecast to play the karaoke music from YouTube, that comes out of my surround sound system.

I have a vocopro DA-8909RV karaoke amp that has 2 12” vocopro speakers holler up to this amp. Microphones are plugged into this amp and the vocals are the only thing coming from them.

I want to be able to have the chromecast music from YouTube to be able to play thru my vocopro amp. I tried an RCA cable plugged into video 1 audio out to aux audio in on the vocopro but I get no sound on the vocopro speakers.

Any advice would be great, thank you!

The video 1 and zone 2 audio outputs won't work with a digital audio input to the receiver.
You can connect the front pre output of the Sony to one of the inputs on the vocopro, That won't turn off the speakers connected to the Sony and the volume of the Sony will affect the volume of the karaoke.

mikepgh

Prominent
Nov 16, 2017

There isn’t a pre output on the front of the receiver. They are all inputs.