How to connect two Bose Soundlink Mini Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannydb

Estimable
Jul 17, 2015
Hello! I have seen multiple posts on here asking how to do this. I figured it out. This is the setup that I'm using:

m7evle.png

It works great, and the music sounds a lot better with two speakers! :)

You can currently get the stereo to dual mono cable here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/291011535994?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I'm just curious, has anyone else tried this?

Roger_8

Estimable
Dec 31, 2015
Great Solution, but....

I just tried this split with 3.5mm Aux cables for a party. I was just trying to push more sound for a house party and happen to own two Soundlinks. I didn't need true stereo sound division so it made sense. (side note: I own a full sized entertainment system (two toweres, center speaker, 10" sub) but hauling that to someone's house would have been a pain))

Result: It Worked!... but it wasn't the loudest. In my case, I think splitting the singe source audio caused a power drop over the split. I did sound comparisons between my now $500 dual Soundlink rig and my $50-$75 Altech computer speakers, and the computer speakers won hands down. I know it isn't a fair comparison since the two speakers are designed for vastly different purposes, but when you are just trying to drive a lot of sound out of something, apparently you are better off going for dedicated computer systems. By the time I bought an audio splitter and extra cable to set up the rig. I could have just bought a mid range computer speaker rig for the party.

Either way, I think is a great solution, just not the best if you have other options.

Pacifier_Pac

Commendable
Sep 23, 2016

Pacifier_Pac

Commendable
Sep 23, 2016

If you want stereo, a seperate Bluetooth is needed.

allinindigo

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018
Could you use a mini-jack to stereo RCA adapter and then send the left and right channels from the adapter to two separate bluetooth transmitters linked to the two separate speakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.