Solved! How to convert with Switch Sound File Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLester

Commendable
May 5, 2019
I've used the old version of Switch for many years. I use it to convert .mov to .mp3, and to convert to a small constant bit rate, for economical storage of (talking) audio. Now I've moved up to the new 9.34 version. Looks sweet, BUT, when I do a conversion, no matter what bit rate I specify, it ALWAYS spits out the result in 16 kbps. What am I doing wrong??? At the bottom of the Switch window, it SAYS it's converting to a higher bit rate, but the output file is exactly the same size as the 16 kbps file, and Mac "Get Info" recognizes the file as 16 kbps. What's the trick to getting this app to REALLY convert to the specified bit rate?

DLester

Commendable
May 5, 2019
Boy, I was just notified of a response to my query six months after it came in. Tom's Guide is pretty odd in that respect.

What made you think I was trying to convert from a lower bit rate to a higher one? Just the opposite. That was long ago. I've given up on Switch and use Audacity.

Last edited:
Boy, I was just notified of a response to my query six months after it came in. Tom's Guide is pretty odd in that respect.

What made you think I was trying to convert from a lower bit rate to a higher one? Just the opposite. That was long ago. I've given up on Switch and use Audacity.

You had this in the post " it SAYS it's converting to a higher bit rate, but the output file is exactly the same size as the 16 kbps file, "

Status
Not open for further replies.