How to downgrade to Window 7 with my new laptop (window 10)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 13, 2018
It is very slow when i got my window 10 i think window 7 will be faster than window 10 so i need to downgrade woth my new laptop (window 10)

Solution
if the laptop has only 4g of ram and is a 64bit os. and uses the intel ipgpu for video the issue is your running out of free ram. use the crusical memory advisor to read your laptop system and memory. if there a free slot for more ram add another 4g for 8g min.

Scottray

Respectable
Jul 14, 2016
Not entirely correct. Depending on the laptop, you may need to slipstream the USB drivers and the Windows 7 iso on to a "bootable" thumb drive. Depending on the chipset, the Windows 7 iso may not have the correct drivers to start the install. you'll need to check the laptop manufacturer's web site to see if there's Windows 7 USB drivers for this process. You can use the the program Rufus to create a bootable thumb drive.

if the laptop has only 4g of ram and is a 64bit os. and uses the intel ipgpu for video the issue is your running out of free ram. use the crusical memory advisor to read your laptop system and memory. if there a free slot for more ram add another 4g for 8g min.

Solution
Nov 10, 2018

I have a Trio Notebook that came with Windows 10 and I hate it. Think I would be able to downgrade to Win7? I wou[d even use Win8 if i had to. I just really hate 10./u]

USAFRet

Illustrious

Please start a new thread for your particular issue.

(but Win 7 on that? Probably not)

Status
Not open for further replies.