How to Download a Copy of My Facebook Data Using an Android Smartphone

Facebook allows you to download all your information from your profile to your desktop computer so that you can access the data offline, and can retrieve the personal information such as photographs or inbox conversations for future reference.

Although Facebook does not allow you to restore the downloaded information back to your Facebook profile, you can use the data to repost the photographs or posts to any other online services.

Warning: The data that you download from your Facebook profile contains highly sensitive information which also includes your personal photographs, inbox messages, and other such stuff. Therefore it is strongly recommended to keep your downloaded data at a secure place.

Since Facebook allows you to download a copy of your profile information only on your desktop computer, you must use a tricky workaround which requires accessing the PC version of Facebook on your Android smartphone’ web browser if you want to download your Facebook data on the phone.

Here is how:
    ■Turn on your Android phone.
    ■Tap the Menu button to go to the apps list.
    VgRgidw.png

■Locate and tap any web browser installed on your mobile phone. (E.g. Google Chrome for this demonstration)
    2Rs2CDI.png

■Once the web browser opens up, open www.facebook.com.
    ■If you are not already signed-in, provide your necessary credentials in the appropriate fields, and tap the Log in button.
    Y68Kis3.png

■Since the mobile version of Facebook gets loaded by default, you must replace the initial ‘m.’ with ‘www.’ in the URL in the address bar.
    aj7OXaR.png

AK3l7q2.png

■Tap the Go button to continue loading the PC version of Facebook.
    ■Once the News Feed page appears, tap the down arrow button located on the top-right corner of the title bar.
    gApGAnU.png

■From the displayed list, tap the Settings button.

uGsEQKC.png

10. On the General Account Settings interface, make sure that the General category from the left pane is selected.
11. From the right pane, tap the Download a copy link provided at the bottom.
yUf20mt.png

12. On the next window that appears, tap the Start My Archive button.
nDUcrrS.png

13. In the opened Please Re-enter Your Password popup box, provide your Facebook account password in the Password field, and tap Submit.
IXh87Kb.png

14. On the Request My Download box, tap the Start My Archive button.
CHgvDuo.png

15. On the Download Requested popup box that opens up, read the information, and tap Okay.
slCEZOR.png

Note: The downloaded data will be sent to your registered email address that you provided during account creation.