Solved! How to effectively disable discrete GPU on a laptop?

Dec 19, 2019
I need to disable a laptop GPU because it might be overheating or just not suitable for the work performed on it, which causes the system to crash. In my other laptop I can disable the discrete GPU via BIOS and I know it makes it completely invisible, which is probably the most effective way. But now I need to do it remotely, so no access to BIOS. Will disabling the driver via device manager do the same? Or there is another way?
The GPU is a GTX 1050 Ti

Thanks

Solution
If that is the case, while it really isn't ultra complicated to change over to be using the integrated graphics, if you (and they) want you to do it remotely, then there is no need to access BIOS. You can do it within windows.

I would also suggest, before going through all this trouble, that a temp monitoring program be installed (there are many free ones) to get a better idea if it is in fact the GPU that is the problem, or something else.
If that is the case, while it really isn't ultra complicated to change over to be using the integrated graphics, if you (and they) want you to do it remotely, then there is no need to access BIOS. You can do it within windows.

I would also suggest, before going through all this trouble, that a temp monitoring program be installed (there are many free ones) to get a better idea if it is in fact the GPU that is the problem, or something else.

Solution