Solved! How to expand my M1 with a dual display???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 13, 2021
I have searched for some tips to expand two more displays, but all I tried were failed. Anyone has a more convenient way to try?

Solution
Will the software pop up automatically? Haven't purchased the adapter yet.

Once you download and install the DisplayLink software, you just set it to run on login. Very rarely has it ever not started on my M1 Mac Mini. In which case, you just need to start up the app. All the other options are controlled through your standard display settings in System Preferences.

QFiP8wu.png

If you read that guide linked, I can understand why you might be confused. While it's a perfectly fine guide, it's a lot of words to say 'just buy an adapter, download and install the software, and you're good to go' but that's pretty much all there is to it. The important thing in the guide is buying an adapter known to work.
Jul 13, 2021
Thanks Bro. I mean when I extended my M1 MacBook Pro to the DELL SP2418H monitor, it has the mirror display. But when I want to expand one more Samsung S24D360, it didn't work.
I checked apple support and knew M1 limits that only 2 displays could be shown. I knew the displaylink can help to fix it, but it really confuses me. Any other convenient way to try?

CParsons

Estimable
Staff member
Dec 4, 2019
Will the software pop up automatically? Haven't purchased the adapter yet.

Once you download and install the DisplayLink software, you just set it to run on login. Very rarely has it ever not started on my M1 Mac Mini. In which case, you just need to start up the app. All the other options are controlled through your standard display settings in System Preferences.

QFiP8wu.png

If you read that guide linked, I can understand why you might be confused. While it's a perfectly fine guide, it's a lot of words to say 'just buy an adapter, download and install the software, and you're good to go' but that's pretty much all there is to it. The important thing in the guide is buying an adapter known to work.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.