How to Fix a Frozen Samsung Galaxy Tablet

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution

You give no details of which Samsung tablet you have but, I had a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, 1 month old, which totally locked me out. Tried every which way, e-mails and phone calls to Samsung support were helpful but no solution, eventually was given replacement.

MichiganMom72

Estimable
Oct 17, 2015
I have tried all of these suggestions. Nothing is working. This thing is so froze, all it does is let me see the screen where she does her finger pattern password. But it won't let her do the pattern.

Jimandroberta

Estimable
Nov 1, 2015

We just tried this solution on our Samsung Tab S6 Model SM-T800 and it worked!!!!!!!!! THANKS!!!...Jim

Maja__

Estimable
Jan 24, 2016

THANK YOU so much. You saved our sunday :)
Best regards, Maja (Slovenija)

cree200

Estimable
Feb 3, 2016
well after 2 years of good job my galaxy note 8 started often to freeze, i restarting and after 15-30 min it freeze again and again so what to do:
1. Go to Setting -> Application Manager -> All Applications and open TouchWiz easy and TouchWiz home one by one
2. Clear the data and force stop the. Do this for both. (after doing this you will see 0.00kb under each app) (all apps from desktop will be gone, don't worry they are still installed)
3. Press the power button and restart the device and test if the problem is gone.

If the problem comes up again then may need to factory reset it.
Don't forget backup up so that u can restore it later on.

kitty cat marley

Commendable
Feb 11, 2016

OMG thank u my tablet was frozen on the youtube screen and wouldent turn off and i was searching for lik 20 min for a soulution and your worked thank you sooooo much this thing costed 300$

Sudheer_2

Commendable
Mar 14, 2016

Fictiono_o1

Commendable
Apr 2, 2016
Tried every thing but still black screen....it respond, like i can hear the apps when i randomly click the screen and other things also tried that hold 10 sec thing . i can hear it close the samsung tab and open again but still black screen..
help me plz

Janey g

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016

Janey g

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016
Thanks for the tip my Samsung Galaxy tablet fixed did exactly what you said with power and volume button holding down came on at once well chuffed been duff for days it's my baby I appreciate help definitely will log in again if I need your expertise Janet.

Janey g

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016
Thanks for the tip my Samsung Galaxy tablet fixed did exactly what you said with power and volume button holding down thanks been duff for days it's my baby will be back for your service and expertise Janet.

Status
Not open for further replies.