how to fix my laptop??

iamwwoo

Honorable
Aug 20, 2013
Hi~
Im using Toshiba Satellite L645.
I had problem with my laptop.
My lapotop screen turn black after startup and suddenly stopped windows messages popups and the screen turn black back.
What should I do to fix it, I had no idea any more.
Some ask me to restart and press f8 button to start safe mode, but its not working..
What should I do??
A lot of my school work and assignments in my laptop..
Please help me~

Solution
To see if it is windows problem, you can boot Ubuntu from a CD/DVD. If the problem persists, hardware issue.

To find out if it is hardware issue, connect laptop to a monitor. Turn it on. If there is image on monitor, it seems that laptop monitor is defective. If there is no video, then graphics card is bad. Reminder: graphics card is integral part of motherboard. If laptop is still under warranty, you can take to Toshiba authorized repair center and get i repair. If out of warranty there are several companies that do the repair. Expect a month or so to get it repaired.

I would recommend to take the hard drive out and connect to another computer (via SATA to USB cable) to backup your data.

Good luck.

electrontau

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
To see if it is windows problem, you can boot Ubuntu from a CD/DVD. If the problem persists, hardware issue.

To find out if it is hardware issue, connect laptop to a monitor. Turn it on. If there is image on monitor, it seems that laptop monitor is defective. If there is no video, then graphics card is bad. Reminder: graphics card is integral part of motherboard. If laptop is still under warranty, you can take to Toshiba authorized repair center and get i repair. If out of warranty there are several companies that do the repair. Expect a month or so to get it repaired.

I would recommend to take the hard drive out and connect to another computer (via SATA to USB cable) to backup your data.

Good luck.

Solution

rogigor

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
It seems that your Windows crashed. Just reinstall it using a DVD or recovery mode. Start your laptop and immediately start pressing F8 to enter it. If it doesn't work then use a DVD to format your hard drive. If it doesn't help then there's probably something wrong with the hardware. But first things first - reinstall your OS.