Solved! How to format laptop

Aug 10, 2019
Hi friends I need ur help i want to format my laptop but keyboard and CD drive are not working (uses on screen keyboard for typing, never had to use CD drive except for formatting so didn't repair it) tried USB formatting through pendrive but I can't access bios as keyboard not working. 6 months back a tech savvy guy formatted it & charged heavily for his services but he was never open to tell me how he did it. Now I need to format my computer again but don't want to incur huge service charges. Can anybody help me how to format
Laptop model HP probook 4430

Solution
What are you using this system for without a keyboard? You can buy a full working laptop of the same model for about $120 or a replacement keyboard for $20. An external keyboard should get you into the BIOS unless you have USB issues as well, I do it all the time with systems.

I don't get how someone that would charge you to format a system would not just tell you "hey, I can replace the keyboard cheaply also". Formatting is trivial to do with working parts, I can boot off a USB stick and clear the drive in probably a minute. Now if you mean "re-installing Windows", that takes time to do correctly with drivers and updates.
Jul 23, 2019
I don't have one & I doubt whether it will show BIOS with new external one
Try borrowing it from somebody or go to parts shop with your laptop and format it there.
Also, what is the problem with your keyboard? If it straight up doesn't work, it might be an issue with the dislocated connector which is easily fixable.

Aug 10, 2019
Any other way like disk partition or something because
Try borrowing it from somebody or go to parts shop with your laptop and format it there.
Also, what is the problem with your keyboard? If it straight up doesn't work, it might be an issue with the dislocated connector which is easily fixable.
Tried it a long time ago now also I tried it but no luck it is detecting keyboard after OS is loaded but not before booting

To just reinstall the software from scratch you would need a CD or a USB drive with the necessary installation files. If you don't have that you can download them from ... https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/ Just follow the instructions there.

Now if you are looking to just do a restore, to a certain point prior to any problems, you can do that through Windows by going to "Start" and searching for "System Restore" (no quotes). Be sure you type the whole thing though as otherwise it may just bring up other options and not the "System Restore".

What are you using this system for without a keyboard? You can buy a full working laptop of the same model for about $120 or a replacement keyboard for $20. An external keyboard should get you into the BIOS unless you have USB issues as well, I do it all the time with systems.

I don't get how someone that would charge you to format a system would not just tell you "hey, I can replace the keyboard cheaply also". Formatting is trivial to do with working parts, I can boot off a USB stick and clear the drive in probably a minute. Now if you mean "re-installing Windows", that takes time to do correctly with drivers and updates.

Solution