How to get best audio experience ?

MugiwaraX

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016
Hello guys,

I just got the mdr 1000x and I really want to know how to get the best experience for music quality, like which player is suitable to get the best quality. I usally listen to lossless tracks so that helps and, I usally play it using my phone (galaxy note 4)

Is there any player that helps me to get the best experience and, if there are settings to follow what are they ?

Solution

I will not say 100% yes since I have not tryed it with that phone before.
But on the other hand I dont think that phone support LDAC standard that the MDR 1000x has when connecting with bluetooth.
I have only tested with LDAC compatibe hand held devices.

And if the phone or hand help audio, even full blown home stereo systems dont support LDAC then I would guess you will get better quality sound from running a cable than just pure bluetooth.

Best advice as I sayd before. Test :)

A question that comes up into my mind tho, is why buy a product that you will not use to its full potential? Why not buy a headset that works...

lumineZ

Prominent
Jul 25, 2017
Dont use the cable, only run wireless for best sound.
I use this player: Sony NW-ZX2 and I am happy with it, but I would advice you to go an listen to several others to find the one YOU like.
My ears and your ears might not like the same.

MugiwaraX

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016

I am sorry but by a player I mean a software like foobar2000

MugiwaraX

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016

I'll check the player but please check this software that comes from Sony and if you can please give me your best recommendation about the settings I want something clear not loud.

USAFRet

Illustrious

I'm sorry....did you actually say "wireless" ?
As in "only run wireless for best sound" ??

Really? :heink:

lumineZ

Prominent
Jul 25, 2017

Hehehe yes and I do know that answer almost make no sence but I will try and explain so you see what I mean since I have that headset myself :)

In wireless mode (bluetooth) the MDR 1000x use the built in program called LDAC to full extent compared to when you run it by cable. And trust me when I tell you that you will hear a difference running wireless compared to running with a wire.
Same goes with the controlls that is on the right ear. They will not work if you run cable. Only during wireless you will have full effect and options on the Sony`s... I would not agree that this is a good mode since you cant change out the battries so down the line... well... You have to change the headset since you cant get new batteries...

Biggest downside to the headphones is this however.. the only players that support LDAC are Xperia Z series phones (Z3 or later), Hi-Res models of Walkman, 4K Sony TVs, AV receivers and its wireless speakers, to my knowlage ofc and I could be wrong so dont quote me on it.

Now I will give you this one thing USAFRet and that could be that I am totaly wrong about most of what I just sayd, but that would mean my headphones are broken and I take great care of them so that is not very likely + I tested them at the hifi shop where I bought them and the salesman told me up front what to expect from wireless compared to cable.

Now it is true that the wireless sound does not go for everyone on the planet, since sound is a individual thing and different persons experience sound differently.

So like I say to everyone that ask a question about sound:

Go listen to it yourself with your own ears. What I love, you might hate and vice versa.

lumineZ

Prominent
Jul 25, 2017

I will not say 100% yes since I have not tryed it with that phone before.
But on the other hand I dont think that phone support LDAC standard that the MDR 1000x has when connecting with bluetooth.
I have only tested with LDAC compatibe hand held devices.

And if the phone or hand help audio, even full blown home stereo systems dont support LDAC then I would guess you will get better quality sound from running a cable than just pure bluetooth.

Best advice as I sayd before. Test :)

A question that comes up into my mind tho, is why buy a product that you will not use to its full potential? Why not buy a headset that works good no matter what standard you use, just the quality of the source and the hardware playing it.

Solution