Question how to get my cameras thru metro pcs network

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
i have 16 cameras on my home network and on my galaxy a51 phone i use tinycam app to see them when i'm out of my wifi network at home.

i did not know until a few days ago that i could not see my cameras when i do not have wifi. i was under the impression the when i was on the 4g metro pcs phone network that i would be able to see my cameras.

well the other day i was walking the dogs and for s&g i decided to open tinycam and peek at a camera. well i could not see anyone of them. i was thinking that was because frontier fiber was not allowing it but then i figured that if i was not at home i was not using the frontier network.

so is this issue just a galaxy a51 phone issue of maybe a metro pcs issue? does anyone have any ideas? of maybe a fix. it seems to me if i'm on the 4g network that my cameras that are on my home network should be able to bee seen using the phone data part of my phone. so is there any fix for this? thanks

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
ok guys i think this issue is the phone and not my network. my wife has a metro tcl phone and my cameras work thru the phone 4g lte just fine, but not my phone. i have a galaxy a51 that has the tracfone OS and running with the metro pcs sim card in it. so when it boots up so i wonder if that may be the root issue?

if that might be the root issue can i root this phone to get it to work my cameras or might it just be better to get a tcl phone and use that? or maybe another galaxy a51 but make sure it is a metro pcs phone so when it boots it says metro pcs? thanks

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
well update i'm now leaning on this issue being becasue this phone is a tracfone using metro pcs sim and service. today i put all the cameras on the wifes TCL metro pcs phone and they worked find just on the 4g network and no wife turned on. so if i can't get around this issue i may have to get a metro pcs a52 or TCL phone. or see if i can root this tracfone and get past tracfones restrictions if the reason is a tracfone OS restriction. so maybe some has an idea? thanks