How to get output from subwoofer via win7 ult 64 bit to pioneer VSX-42 passed video through BD input to LG 50ich led?

charper85

Estimable
Sep 29, 2014
I am totally stuck, I ran the volume control options configured for 5.1 and tested, sub output, so I guess I need to be using a 5.1 app? (vlc, real player or wmp will output sound to sub, only L/R speakers) How do I get my system to send the correct output? any ideas?

Solution
Try setting the PC to 5.1 output but setup the receiver for 2.1 Set the fronts to small, center & rear to none, sub to yes.
That will send all channels to the receiver and it will mix the 5 channels into 2 and route the bass to the sub. If the PC is sending 2 channels then the receiver will send the bass to the sub. If you have the fronts set to large it will not do this and only send bass to it when the .1 output of the PC is active.

charper85

Estimable
Sep 29, 2014
Out of desperation I downloaded Razer Synapse 2.0 the free version. Virtualizes all sound into 5.1, a decent workaround but there has to be a way to enable this virtually Im just not seeing it. Any ideas?

Cristi72

Estimable
Jun 25, 2014
Hello,

What speakers are you use? Are you using an active subwoofer? Because when use surround systems in 5.1 configuration (or 6.1, 7.1) the frequencies under 150Hz are automatically redirected to the subwoofer output. In stereo configuration, the FRONT speakers are set to reproduce all audio spectre, including bass frequencies.

charper85

Estimable
Sep 29, 2014
I running a 2.1 speaker system out of a VSX-42, sub is a YST-SW150, and the speakers are jbl d38. Yeah when I would run the control panel speaker config(win 7 ultimate) I set it to 5.1 disabled center and rear leaving sub and Front L/R did a sound test individually and all had correct output, but when I tried to use an app to play music or even youtube, no sub output. So all I can think of is none of the apps push anything but stereo left/right

Cristi72

Estimable
Jun 25, 2014

What audio card is in your PC (Realtek, VIA, CMI)? In order to make all speakers work under 5.1 setting, you must select an audio environment (ex. ROOM) from the audio software control panel.

However, I suggest you to output only stereo signal from your PC (or 2.1, if the audio software has the setting) and use the receiver's capability to do the sound virtualisation if you need to. When using an 2.1 system to play an 5.1 signal, you'll lose some of the audio quality (the main problem is: the Center channel is used to play most of the medium frequencies, so you'll experience the loss of dialogs in movies and also the music will lack a good part of the vocals).

Try setting the PC to 5.1 output but setup the receiver for 2.1 Set the fronts to small, center & rear to none, sub to yes.
That will send all channels to the receiver and it will mix the 5 channels into 2 and route the bass to the sub. If the PC is sending 2 channels then the receiver will send the bass to the sub. If you have the fronts set to large it will not do this and only send bass to it when the .1 output of the PC is active.

Solution