If I understand the issue correctly with your laptop, the problem is you're seeing vertical lines on your laptop right?
- First is to do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If you'll still see those vertical lines, connect an external monitor onto your laptop and check if you'll also get those vertical lines on it
- If the display will be normal on the external display that could mean that the problem is with the built in display. You may need to open the laptop and check the ribbon cable that connects the LCD to the motherboard if it's seated properly.
- Replacing the built in LCD would be the solution if the same problem will persist.
- But if you'll also get the vertical lines on the external monitor that means that the problem is with the GPU itself.