How to get your windows 8: ASUS to go to the troubleshoot screen and to stop blinking on and off, Also could this be a virus?

BNicoleC

Commendable
Mar 17, 2016
so I have a windows 8: ASUS and I tried forcefully shutting it off multiple times (basically turned it off when the dots were going around in a circle) then turned it on normally and it had a light white (which was by light I mean very dim) screen for a couple minutes then it started to blink off and on again, I´ve tried it many times but it doesn´t seem to want to work and it first started doing this along time ago but we just got a new laptop but I need this one now, Before when it started doing this it would give you a troubleshoot screen (before I knew anything about any of the options on the menu) I would randomly click things and nothing worked, How do I get the Troubleshoot screen to come on, so I can refresh it and how do I make the laptop stop blinking off and on and actually make it to the logon screen where you have to put in your password without it shutting down or blinking on and off again. I really need help with this. Please help me:(

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by trying to load in Safe Mode, while the laptop is booting up repeatedly tap on F8 until it loads Advanced Boot Options then select Safe Mode.
- If you'll be able to load in Safe Mode do run System Restore, restore your laptop to an earlier date or time before the problem even happened.
- Here's how to run System Restore: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-PH/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc
- If it will not load in Safe Mode proceed with reinstalling Windows 8 using your factory reset disc that came with your laptop or if it didn't come with one you can order them from ASUS.
- If it will not work and would just still shut down automatically proceed with these other troubleshooting steps.
- Start by removing the battery and boot it up with just the AC adapter connected and see if it will boot up normally.
- Next is to test the AC adapter if it's supplying enough voltage or try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage.
- If it doesn't work proceed with reseating the RAM's, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If you'll see lights on the laptop and you can hear the fans spinning, connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it because if you do that means the problem is the built in display.
- You may need to check the ribbon that connects the LCD to the motherboard.
- If all these will not work the problem would be the motherboard.