how to hook up a xenyx 502 mixer to DBX166XL compressor?

VoiceTools

Prominent
Jun 24, 2017
I have the behringer xenyx 502 and I want to connect it to my 166xl compressor. Can this be done with an xlr cable?

Solution
Considering the 502 has no XLR ports, the answer to your question is no, it can't be done with XLR cables. But the 502 does have a tape loop RCA connectors and the 166xl does have 1/4 inch TRS connections. You should be able to find cables that could allow you to put the compressor in the tape loop. I don't know for SURE that will work in your application, but I think it will.

kanewolf

Judicious
Considering the 502 has no XLR ports, the answer to your question is no, it can't be done with XLR cables. But the 502 does have a tape loop RCA connectors and the 166xl does have 1/4 inch TRS connections. You should be able to find cables that could allow you to put the compressor in the tape loop. I don't know for SURE that will work in your application, but I think it will.

Solution

VoiceTools

Prominent
Jun 24, 2017

That sounds solid, my one concern is still having the mixer feed to my computer. Currently I use a u-control UCA200 to connect to computer via USB and it is connected to the "tape loop" on the 502. Do you have an further suggestions?

TRENDING THREADS