Question How to install a os in my laptop

Apr 3, 2022
Please keep it to 1 thread
I wanted to install windows 10 and i selected the disk i wanted to install but its showing that windows can only be installed into gpt disks by that time i formatted my c drive so i went in to the bios setup and choose sata reset it started but stuck at preparing to reset sata so i force shut down it by pressing power button and when i turned it on it showed dell logo and then a black screen on it. Please help me

USAFRet

Illustrious
I wanted to install windows 10 and i selected the disk i wanted to install but its showing that windows can only be installed into gpt disks by that time i formatted my c drive so i went in to the bios setup and choose sata reset it started but stuck at preparing to reset sata so i force shut down it by pressing power button and when i turned it on it showed dell logo and then a black screen on it. Please help me

Apr 3, 2022
"I wanted to install windows 10 ...."

That link is a very detailed, accurate tutorial on how to install Windows 10.

Following those instructions exactly, where does it fail for you?
Man I know how to install but thats not it. it is not showing anything except dell logo and then a black screen

Apr 3, 2022

USAFRet

Illustrious
So you delete ALL partitions, reformat the resulting single space as GPT.
Continue...

bignastyid

Splendid
Never heard if "Sata Reset" before so I am not sure what you did in the bios. All you needed to do was possibly change the boot order to boot to the windows install media.

Since you can't get into the bios to reset defaults you'll have to do it by removing the main battery and the cmos battery to reset defaults.

https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/en-us/inspiron-15-3567-laptop/inspiron-15-3567-service-manual/notes,-cautions,-and-warnings?guid=guid-5b8de7b7-879f-45a4-88e0-732155904029&lang=en-us

Apr 3, 2022
Never heard if "Sata Reset" before so I am not sure what you did in the bios. All you needed to do was possibly change the boot order to boot to the windows install media.

Since you can't get into the bios to reset defaults you'll have to do it by removing the main battery and the cmos battery to reset defaults.

https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/en-us/inspiron-15-3567-laptop/inspiron-15-3567-service-manual/notes,-cautions,-and-warnings?guid=guid-5b8de7b7-879f-45a4-88e0-732155904029&lang=en-us
Tried but no result

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TSCK Laptop General Discussion 3
L Laptop General Discussion 1
M Laptop General Discussion 2
J Laptop General Discussion 3
Mcstick333 Laptop General Discussion 1
H Laptop General Discussion 2
Varun_Sharma8054 Laptop General Discussion 0
C Laptop General Discussion 2
S Laptop General Discussion 3
evilhny Laptop General Discussion 1