Solved! how to install Android Go on LG G3 Smartphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

chkontog

Great
Sep 22, 2019
Hi, i want to install Android Go version to an LG G3 smartphone.May anyone know how can do this?

Solution
While I can't say you can't try to install it, I can tell you that your phone is not made to work with it and you would risk bricking the device if you are trying to install it on.

Since it is not the original OS, you would make a lot of changes to the phone, and install quite a few things, to make it work. A quick search on Google will get you instructions on how it is done.

However, again, I must warn that you risk bricking (a.k.a. killing) the phone if you choose to do it.

Additionally, regular apps don't actually work on it. You have to get slimmed down versions of the apps that do work on it, which means those apps also have less features.
While I can't say you can't try to install it, I can tell you that your phone is not made to work with it and you would risk bricking the device if you are trying to install it on.

Since it is not the original OS, you would make a lot of changes to the phone, and install quite a few things, to make it work. A quick search on Google will get you instructions on how it is done.

However, again, I must warn that you risk bricking (a.k.a. killing) the phone if you choose to do it.

Additionally, regular apps don't actually work on it. You have to get slimmed down versions of the apps that do work on it, which means those apps also have less features.

Solution

chkontog

Great
Sep 22, 2019

I know all that you said.I have a phone with android go.I asked here because every tutorial i found on internet it didn't work.

Again, I am not a fan of anything that requires doing something that could damage the device, so I can only assist you so much. That said, did you look into the other changes you would have to make? All I have read on it mentioned other changes like adding other files (low ram enabling, etc.).

Additionally, that phone may well be to old to accept it. That make/model came out in 2014 and runs on a much older version of Android. The devices that use Android Go are all newer as it is based on a newer version of Android (Oreo and newer).

Reactions: chkontog
Status
Not open for further replies.