How to make a website like alienware?

DE4TH RE4P3R

Estimable
Mar 30, 2014
How can i make a website like alienware where it has a build like what motherboard do you want and how much ram etc then have them check out and purchase. Also can i have a checkout where its not connected to my paypal but like a pre paid card or a bank card. also one more thing. how much do you have to make to pay taxes a year.

Solution
Not to mention if this was your plan, you would need to add a premium on the price tag for shipping - plus you would be responsible for any damages that occur during shipping. For reference, shipping a Full ATX tower + 24" Monitor will cost you around $200 with UPS depending on where you're shipping to.

Also keep in mind that if you do create a website and attempt to make a full business out of this, you'll need to know search engine optimization or use Google Adword to get your website to even show up on the first page of Google results, and let's be honest - few people click page two, and only the truly desperate ever navigate the barren wasteland that is page 3+.

As was mentioned before, you would need to be viewed as more...

USAFRet

Illustrious
OK...lets back up a few steps.

It seems you are looking to build a webstore, where by people can pick and choose from parts, and they buy it and you build it.

Is this correct?
If so.....creating the selection website is far, far down your list of things to do.

USAFRet

Illustrious
Right. That's what I thought.

That's where your business model fails. You're going to buy the parts at the exact same price that I can.
I have to pay you up front, wait for them to ship to you, then you assemble, then you ship it to me.

Please tell me why I should do this. What benefit do you offer?

USAFRet

Illustrious

Then you're competing with Walmart, Dell, Newegg, TigerDirect, CyberPower.....

I should send you, some no name person, $1000 to buy parts that I can buy at the exact same price. Then pay you how much extra to put it together?
Why should I do this? What benefit do you personally provide?

Your business model will not work. Not even a little bit.

Urzu1000

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013
Not to mention if this was your plan, you would need to add a premium on the price tag for shipping - plus you would be responsible for any damages that occur during shipping. For reference, shipping a Full ATX tower + 24" Monitor will cost you around $200 with UPS depending on where you're shipping to.

Also keep in mind that if you do create a website and attempt to make a full business out of this, you'll need to know search engine optimization or use Google Adword to get your website to even show up on the first page of Google results, and let's be honest - few people click page two, and only the truly desperate ever navigate the barren wasteland that is page 3+.

As was mentioned before, you would need to be viewed as more trustworthy than say, the other 20+ manufacturers.

To finish, if you're just looking for money on the side, I would advise that you do what several acquaintances of mine have done in similar situations.
Go to various websites, such as Craig's List and purchase broken electronics and computers for dirt cheap. Figure out what's wrong with them, fix them and then sell them for a large price gain. If you're planning to make a career out of it, you'll need to start small. Make sure you practice what you're doing, and then try to get a job at a local repair shop while studying how to go about creative a small business on the side.

Hopefully I was able to help you with this answer, but if you're dead set on your original plan, there's many website builders that can help you along the way.

Solution

DE4TH RE4P3R

Estimable
Mar 30, 2014

Youre right. I will do the craigslist thing since with the computer building it would cost too much etc. and i would need a business license and all that legal stuff. im still a teen so ill wait on all that. right now ill go on craigslist buy broken electronics fix them and sell them. Make a good profit. thanks