How to make my computer like the day i bought it

help2013

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
It is a toshiba.. Kids have downloaded junk and now it runs slow and I dont know how to remove some of the down loads so I want to set it back to new and start over

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
Not to be too funny with you, but do you have the manuals that came in the box with the laptop? and you should of also got some recovery Dvd`s or Cd`s to do the job.
You know it helps if you read the manual you know, its all there if your just not too lazy to read them. I suggest you do. Quicker than asking on the forum.

Goodeggray

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2011
If you don't have or cann't find your recovery disk contact Toshiba and order them. When you get them put them in the dvd drive an fallow the instructions.

rflorczak

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2011
There is a good chance that there is a recovery option available in the bios on boot up. HP's have the option to do a factory reset from recovery options in the bios. I imagine Toshiba is similar.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 0
Kohai-Amber Laptop Tech Support 2
Akshathere2022 Laptop Tech Support 2
G Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 3
K Laptop Tech Support 1
ChristineCook Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 1
W Laptop Tech Support 1
I Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 3
U Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
Y Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 2
P Laptop Tech Support 4
Similar threads
Question Will my computer be able to handle a 1440p monitor?
Question ACER E5-571 no screen or lights. low running noise
Question Problems with Opening most webpages Chrome and no webpages working on alternate browsers.
Question Hdmi to vga converter error
Question Pink horizontal lines across my screen when i turn it on what is wrong
Question I am looking online for a video or guide for screen replacement on a asus zx53vw???
Question My computer can't run basic recording software
Question Is it possible to track down my I pad & computers with out it address
I bought a laptop on offer up online. I want to factory reset but the girl's stuff is in it. Just want to make it so I can lea
I bought a new laptop and upon reopening it it responded; your computer is running low due to scarce resource so no new user c
I recently bought a headset with 2 different jacks, but my computer has only 1 jack for audio/mic together.
Can't type in anything including my password to open the computer. Keyboard won't work. Thought mine was broken bought a wir
Bought a Macbook Pro -- how to transfer USB files?
I bought the hdmi cable to connect my tv with my computer but the tv wont recognize it
My computer cannnot find the webcam which has been working since i bought it where did it go ??
just bought bluetooth speakers for my computer, got it home, drivers on computer are updated, wont pick up sound. what should
I just bought a new del l mini tower desto windows 8. I used a dumbass made up email and phone number. I didn't write my passw
How do I completely reset my computer? Wipe it totally clean like it was when I bought it ?
i recently bought an acer aspire computer which already has several applications on it. should i uninstall these
I bought a defected computer what can I do

ASK THE COMMUNITY