Solved! How to make my microphone work?

npv

Dec 28, 2020
I bought headset with one jack becasue my laptop has one port so i thought everything is gonna work fine but it doesent. When i plug in my headphones sound works great but mic doesent. I checked sounds in control panel, but it wasnt even listed there as a connected device. I tried updating drivers and nothing worked.I also heard that Realtek can solve this issue but I dont have Realted HD Manager installed on my laptop, and when i tried to install it i just couldnt open it. Thanks for any type of help

Dec 28, 2020
There are two types of single 3.5mm headphone jacks. TRS and TRRS. TRS is divided into 3 sections and only does headphone function with left and right channel. TRRS is divided into 4 sections and does headphone and microphone. Both the plug and the socket have to be TRRS capable. Here is a YouTube video explaining it:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYNMBXVRj0o

Solution
I bought headset with one jack becasue my laptop has one port so i thought everything is gonna work fine but it doesent. When i plug in my headphones sound works great but mic doesent. I checked sounds in control panel, but it wasnt even listed there as a connected device. I tried updating drivers and nothing worked.I also heard that Realtek can solve this issue but I dont have Realted HD Manager installed on my laptop, and when i tried to install it i just couldnt open it. Thanks for any type of help

Realtek software would work if you have a Realtek sound card installed. You may not have the plug all the way in, also try turning it a bit once it's in see if will make contacts. Also make sure the mic is not muted.