How to make Samsung SDD 850 EVO 500 GB, placed inside the Dell Precision M6500 notebook, recognizable to the notebook's BIOS?

Andrzej_1

Estimable
Dec 8, 2015
Bootable Samsung SSD 850 EVO 2.5" 500 GB (Model: MZ-75E500, P/N: MZ-27LN500), placed in the first internal HDD bay inside the Dell Precision M6500 notebook and with Windows 7 Pro 64 bit OS installed on the SSD, is NOT recognized by the A10 (newest) version the notebook's BIOS .
With BIOS SATA interface configured as AHCI, BIOS hangs sadly after completing the memory test and before transfering control to SDD boot manager, with a cursor blinking in the upper-left corner of the screen.
With BIOS SATA interface configured as RAID, BIOS System Information shows no HDD and BIOS lets one press, if I recall the screen correctly, keys: F1 (continue?), F2 (BIOS setup) or F5 (reboot)
The same SSD, attached to the Dell Precision M6500's eSATA port with eSATA / 22-pin SATA cable works fine and can be seen in BIOS as System eSATA HDD.

Solution
Now, I've found the solution. The mechanical one.
My Dell Precision M6500's HDD bay is designed to hold 2.5" with height of 9.5 mm drives, while Samsung SSD EVO 850 500 GB is only 7 mm high. That difference is responsible for loose electrical contact (if any) between the SSD drive and notebook HDD connector. Inserting 7mm to 9.5mm spacer into the bay beneath the SSD solved the problem. Notebook BIOS recognises now the SSD.

Andrzej_1

Estimable
Dec 8, 2015
Now, I've found the solution. The mechanical one.
My Dell Precision M6500's HDD bay is designed to hold 2.5" with height of 9.5 mm drives, while Samsung SSD EVO 850 500 GB is only 7 mm high. That difference is responsible for loose electrical contact (if any) between the SSD drive and notebook HDD connector. Inserting 7mm to 9.5mm spacer into the bay beneath the SSD solved the problem. Notebook BIOS recognises now the SSD.

Solution