How to move apps to sd card on lg stylo 2 w android 7 nougat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
How to turn the "External" SD card into "Internal" storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.

2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.

3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.

4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.

5. Reboot your phone.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the phone, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

How to turn the "External" SD card...
How to turn the "External" SD card into "Internal" storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.

2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.

3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.

4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.

5. Reboot your phone.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the phone, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

How to turn the "External" SD card into "Internal" storage on "Nougat".

IMPORTANT NOTE: Be sure you start with a blank SD card. When the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device), so anything on it prior would be gone.

1. Go to "Settings", and then select "Storage & USB".

2. At the bottom of the list you should see the SD card's details, including the option to format it and make it "Internal" storage.

3. Once this is done, reboot the device and you can start running things from the card.

If you don't reboot the phone, some things may not work correctly, so make sure you do the reboot.

Solution

135tom

Estimable
Jun 29, 2015
I have an LG G5 running Nougat 7.0 on Verizon.
Mine only says "Storage" and under "SD card there is no option to use it as internal storage.Under SD card is the three folders, hitting the three dots gives you "storage settings' which only allows you to"eject" or "format".
Not sure where to go from there.
Tom Hartman

cboath11

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017

TL;DR It is not currently possible to do so on 7.0.

The quoted post is absolutely WRONG. LG has locked the formatting of SD cards as internal storage on ALL, to my knowledge and ON this phone as I have the exact model, of their phones away from the user. It doesnt even appear with developer options enabled. The post I have quoted is how it SHOULD work, so the poster has no knowledge him or herself but is just regurgitating how it would work if the option was there, but it isnt. And I detest people that give the steps for how something "does" work when it absolutely does NOT on particular manufacturers equipment or version numbers.

On Marshmallow it was possible to format an SD card as internal storage using adb.exe tools but that ALSO no longer "currently" (hopefully) works on 7.0 nougat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS