How to open cd drive on Acer Aspire E15?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanti101

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017
Hi, I have an acer Aspire E15 laptop and I noticed a CD slot at the side but there is no button to open it. Can you please help me?

Solution

Your aunt is correct. If there is no eject button, it doesn't have a cd/dvd drive. Most Acer E15s don't have one.

tinaat1013

Commendable
Jan 14, 2017
There is a small button on the outside of the drive. Push it in then green lights will appear and it will open.
NOTE: The button is very small; about 1/2" X 1 centimeter. I had to actually look at the drive to find it - but it's there! Hope this helps.

The original poster already stated that there is no button. You seem to be under the erroneous assumption that all Acer E15s come equipped with optical drives. Many actually don't. :D

David_587

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017
There should be a small hole in the side of the CD tray. Insert a pin of some kind and push the emergency release that should open the drawer this will work even with no power to the laptop.

Jirah_18

Prominent
Apr 21, 2017
YEAH ! I have the same problem too .. i just got my new acer E15 loptop then i also noticed that it has a cd player beside.. but i dont know how to open it.. ive searched in youtube and google for some solutions but none of them worked .. now i asked my aunt who give the loptop to me .. and she said that there is no cd player or cd drive in my loptop .. she said that thats just a kind of a cover or something .. but im not convinced .. cause it really looks like a cd player

Your aunt is correct. If there is no eject button, it doesn't have a cd/dvd drive. Most Acer E15s don't have one.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.