How to prevent all contacts added to whatsapp/viber?

smalltech

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
I am going to buy my first smartphone samsung galaxy S4 android (first time smartphone user) and install and use whatsapp or viber.

I read that whatsapp/viber will automatically add all the whole contacts list and all my contacts who have whatsapps/viber will be able to see me on their phone.

I have many contacts that I am not close and seldom contact them, I do not want them to be added to whatsapp or viber. How can I do that?

I understand that there is a block function, but I do not want to use it to block them because if they are added to my whatsapp/viber and then after that I block them, I think they will know it because I have added them and I am never seen online on their whatsapps/viber. I do not want to add them at all and I do not want to appear on their whatsapp/viber app at all.

Thanks

Viber

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013
Hi,
This is an official representative of Viber Media.
I'm here to help. :)

There is no option to not add a user that in your contact list to Viber, the only option is to delete this user from the contact list. :/

In addition, there is not option to block a user, but we're looking into it and we might add such option to future versions of Viber.

For more questions or technical support, please visit our official HelpDesk.
Thanks,
Viber

BCUser5

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013
I'd really appreciate an option to be able to block certain contacts on Viber so they don't know I am online. Just because I have certain people in my contact list, doesn't mean I want to hear from them all the time. Seeing people you know on Viber increases the propensity that they will constantly message you.

The reason I downloaded Viber is to be able to stay in touch with certain people only without letting certain others know I am on Viber or deleting such contacts. How can this be made possible? There should be a hide/block option available.

Nikita Dhage

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013
Hi,

Actually i lost ma mob 2 months ago and then i blocked ma sim, but all of a sudden i could see ma whatsup status as last seen before few mins. I was wondering how could it be possible, and then i realized that i used to even use Viber application on ma smart phone which i have lost, and am scared that will someone miss use ma name on these 2 applications... Please help me out ...

kashishsingh

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013

nermeen-88

Estimable
Jun 16, 2014