How to Prevent Laptop Display From Turning Off After Closing the lid

RJHEPOYZKIE

Commendable
Feb 1, 2017
-i have Lenovo X250 Thinkpad
-i have done changing the setting in power options about closing the lid to "Do Nothing"
-i dont have secondary monitor
-i just want the display on my laptop always on because when i close the lid and i peek before it totally close the display turns off..
-Thanks in advance guys..

Solution
It's shut off via and Actuator so there is no software option on most laptops to disable the feature. Some more advanced laptop can have the option disable at the BIOS.

Why do you need to peak before it closes? Just open the display back up?
It's shut off via and Actuator so there is no software option on most laptops to disable the feature. Some more advanced laptop can have the option disable at the BIOS.

Why do you need to peak before it closes? Just open the display back up?

Solution

RJHEPOYZKIE

Commendable
Feb 1, 2017

thanks for the answer sir..
sadly, i found no options to disable in the BIOS.. guess im stuck with a paperclip trick so that the laptop wouldn't fully closed..

P.S.: i just peek for me to determine that the laptop display doesn't off when i close the lid.. :D

I don't get it either. What difference does it make whether the display is on or off when it's closed? Either way, it can't be used when it's closed anyway.

People are weird, LOL... :D

RJHEPOYZKIE

Commendable
Feb 1, 2017

:no: it has a difference.. i have a macro which determined the color of a certain pixel in my display for it to execute.. i wont work if my display is off or the laptop lid is closed (when i travel from office to home vice versa).. now you know..
PS.. some people have different view in life.. dont put your self in the box.. Theres a reason for everything..

Well now it makes sense! Guess you're not weird afterall. :D