How to record youtube videos from laptop to VHS/DVD recorder on tv?

Jul 24, 2018
I have a windows 10 laptop with only USB & hdmi hookup ports. I connected my laptop to my tv using hdmi which worked fine. Then I tried to record youtube videos to my vhs/DVD recorder but it didn't record anything besides live tv. How to make it work??

Solution
You have to connect the laptop directly to the recorder,then use the recorders remote to choose input between live TV and laptop when you want to watch or record.If your recorder only has one HDMI input you will have to get a HDMI splitter.

(You laptop probably has a DVD recorder build in that will let you save videos on DVD,you can use the free dvdflick software to save them as a normal dvd video disk)

TerryLaze

Commendable
May 9, 2016
You have to connect the laptop directly to the recorder,then use the recorders remote to choose input between live TV and laptop when you want to watch or record.If your recorder only has one HDMI input you will have to get a HDMI splitter.

(You laptop probably has a DVD recorder build in that will let you save videos on DVD,you can use the free dvdflick software to save them as a normal dvd video disk)

Solution