How to recover drivers after factory resetting my Alienware Aurora R4?

Eleazar_1

Estimable
Jan 22, 2016
When installing Windows 7, it was asking for drivers to install it but nothing is popping up when i rescan the system for drivers. How can i find a driver or the right driver to install Windows 7?

Cloudy1

Honorable
Jan 21, 2016
Do you mean you are being asked for drivers when doing the installation or you have done the installation and are now after drivers?

If you are being asked for a driver of some description upon installing Windows 7 then does it tell you which driver it wants?

Either way, go to the Dell support website for your country....for example I am in Australia so I would go to:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/au/en/audhs1/Products/

From there I would select the Product Support link then enter the express code or Service Tag for your machine.

Then make sure you are at the right place....I.e...make sure you are at the Windows 7 drivers download page for your Alienware model.

Download all the drivers that are available and put them on a memory stick - if in fact the Windows installation itself is asking for a driver upon installing, then make sure you have the USB drive with the drivers on it plugged in (your BIOS should still allow tthse drivers to be seen) and then when Windows installer asks for driver click the Load Driver option in the Windows installer and then point to drivers location, that is, on the memory stick you have placed them on after downloading from the Dell support website.

Good luck - let us know how you go - and if this doesn't help then I'm sure someone with more experience than myself will be along to offer you some more advice in the not to distant future :)