How to remove Adware from my system?

123andrew

Estimable
May 29, 2015
My system is not working well since last 4-5 days and due to this I am facing lots of problem. Unwanted ads appear on screen constantly. I don't know from where this adware has entered my system .Please help me to remove it from my system.

Tim_7_

Estimable
Oct 29, 2015
ye reinstall windows ist the fastest and safest, if you cant or wont try running , cc cleaner, then registry cleaner, then spybot s&d and see if its gone

azaran

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
Good god, you dont have to reinstall Windows for a simple adware problem.

If you can get the name of the adware thats causing problems there may be specific cleaning options. But for general cleaning, Spybot Search & Destroy and Malwarebytes are the top go to programs for cleaning. Also make sure you have a good AntiVirus. For free ones Avira makes one of the top out right now. AVG and Avast are alright but they've been loaded down with their own bloatware so I'd avoid them.

Tim_7_

Estimable
Oct 29, 2015
reinstalling windows on my ssd took me 15 min.... cleaning and searching for adware takes up to 8 hours depending on how much crap you have on your pc that needs to bescanned etc. sometimes its the best solution

azaran

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
Depending on whats loaded it can take much more than 15 min to get back up and running. My loadout with installs and updates can take up to 4-6 hours and thats not counting any custom settings I need to do for the programs once they're installed. Everyone is different but taking a scorched earth policy to someone who clearly is not experienced enough to deal with a simple adware problem is seriously overkill. Yes reinstalling can fix any virus/adware but its hardly needed when doing a simple set of scans with anti malware and anti virus can take care of the problem.

stinger54

Estimable
Jun 30, 2015

stinger54

Estimable
Jun 30, 2015
Sorry about the first answer i messed up. Load these softwares and boot into safe mode to run them. Because viruses and adware can not execute in safe mode.

CC Cleaner
CWShredder
Ad-Aware 1.06r
Microsoft Anti-Spyware
Spybot: Search and Destroy
Spyware Blaster